Wednesday 2 January 2013

2013 Resolutions

So I have several new year's resolutions that I would like to share. Here are they:

1. I want to travel more this year. Last year was really terrible. I only went to 2 places outside Jakarta. One was Ujung Kulon, in West Java, and the other one was Bali for a conference. I have to improve that this year. This year, I have to travel to at least one Southeast Asian country and three domestic destinations outside Jakarta (and Bandung, because traveling to Bandung does not count as traveling outside Jakarta).

2. In terms of books read, last year was actually really good. I finished a number of good books. However, I do notice that I mostly read fictions and in English. I only finished three non fiction works last year, one from Francis Fukuyama ("the Origins of Political Order") and two from Richard Dawkins ("the God Delusion" and "The Magic of Reality"). This year, I have to double that to six non fiction works. I also have to finish at least 3 Indonesian novels this year (I tried to read an Indonesian novel last year, but it was so boring I just gave up after 5 pages. However, I heard there are some pretty good Indonesian novels now, so fingers crossed I can achieve this).

3. In terms of work, I need to find something more stable and more long term. I love my current job, but it doesn't give me stability and security.

4. I need to lose at least 10 kilograms this year. I gained a lot of weight last year.

5. I want to have a more regular update for this blog. I created this blog on February last year, and since then I have 14 blog posts for the English version and 17 posts for Indonesian (a total of 31 posts. They are not translation of each other, by the way). That's actually not bad. This year I want to top that number. I don't know whether I can do it, considering that I had been very lazy at the last 2-3 months of last year. But let's just put this here as a reminder for me.

And there you go, my 5 resolutions. All of them will be a real challenge for me, but I guess the hardest one will be number one. The rest should be comparatively easier, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment